Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What is Love?

Love is an act of will – namely an intention and action

The opposite of love is not hate but indifference

Prayers for love will not generate any love
Pleading for love will not evoke love
Preaching about love cannot net love
No valentine greetings can perpetuate love

Only action, Action alone can sow the seeds to reap the harvest of love.

Here is an extract from Stephen Covey's book - The 7 habits of highly effective people

'Stephen, I like what you are preaching about relationships. But every situation is different. Look at my marriage. I am really worried. My wife and I just don't have the same feeling for each other that we used to have. I guess I just don't love her anymore, and she doesn't love me". "The feeling is not there anymore?" Stephen enquired. "That is right", the man affirmed. "And we have three children and we are really concerned about it. What do you suggest"?"Love her", Stephen Covey advised him."I told you the feeling just isn't there""Then love her. If the feeling is not there, that is all the more reason to love her."But how do you love when you don't love?"My friend, Covey told him – " Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is the fruit of love the verb or our loving actions. So love her. Sacrifice. Listen to her. Empathize. Appreciate. Affirm her."


We all have the desire to be loved. But how many of us love others?

Love is the realization and expression of the Universal self. The outcome of seeing others the same way as we see our selves. Doing what is in the best interest of others, as it is in the best interests of our selves to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home