Monday, April 23, 2007

From None to All

Life seemed so meaningless and empty
I did not know who i am
I saw the world through divisions and labels
I tried to live the world as i saw it, it made no sense

I did not think it was possible, but went with the flow
All the fears were dispelled, all myths shattered
I saw the world as one, an integrated whole
Fragmentations and limitations no longer mattered

I shared what i was going through
Needless to say, it appeared to be untrue
An illusion, a hallucination, to all but those who see
Everyone, even the closest, all but me

I was back to square one
Life seemed meaningless again
What use is this gift, if it could not be shared
It appeared to be a curse, all in vain

At the peak of all my despair
It seemed like any other day
I went for a walk to get away
Glanced at the view, from the top to the bottom

A thought took over, without any plan
How about, if i took the easy way down
What would that be like, i wondered
And it happened, just like i thought

It was as real as it could be
Very quickly, it happened to me
It was all over in a flash,
But where was I, here or there?

I could see, there was no more 'me'
But if i could still see, what was my identity?
With whatever that was left,
I knew this would never happen again

I was stupid, to lose sight of the goal
Of something that was mine alone
I swore that i would never let it come to this
Over something that only I control

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home